There's a lot to read in the document, so here are several items (summarized) that are commonly misunderstood or overlooked.
- The Architectural Committee shall approve all plans for any structure to be built on any lot...No building, fence, wall, or free-standing mailbox shall be erected, placed, or altered until the plans have been approved in writing. Section III.A.1-2
- Seasonal decorations shall be removed no later than thirty (30) calendar days from the day of the actual holiday. Section III.D
- Garage Sales/Yard Sales will be allowed twice each calendar year. (Contact the HOA Social Committee for details). Section III.E
- All outbuildings are prohibited. (This includes sheds, outside storage buildings, and similar structures). Section III.K
- All above-ground pools are prohibited. Section III.L
- Any boats, trailers, campers, motor homes, and similar recreational vehicles and equipment shall not be stored on any lot for a period in excess of 48 hours per week if it is within view from adjoining property owners or the street. Section III.Q
- Trash containers, except during periods of collection, shall e stored out of view from abutting streets.. Section III.T
- Every person or entity who is a recorded owner of a lot shall be a member of the homeowner association as of the date of recording of the deed. Section IV.B
- The owner agrees to pay the association assessments (dues) established by the association. Section IV.C
Every item in the restrictive covenants can, and must be enforced. Good neighbors will do so voluntarily to protect the value of all homes.
Download a full copy of the document by clicking the link above.